Monday, May 16, 2016

All Good Things

Goodbyes are never easy, and somehow it seems like they're harder to say to a city, because the city can't say it back.  Still, I've been doing my best in these last few days before I have to leave Paris for the next chapter of my life.  Freshman year officially ended on Friday, giving me a few days to wander without any worries about work to be done or obligations to be kept.  Of course, that doesn't make leaving any easier.

I don't think I'm going to be able to find the words to sum up what these past nine months have meant to me.  I've learned so much, both academically and personally, and the opportunity to start college in Paris is one that I will be eternally grateful for.  Though it was at times difficult-- yes, even life in Paris has its downs-- I can't imagine having done anything differently, because every choice I made gave me the incredible year I experienced.

Don't cry, Paris (it's started to rain).  After all, I'll return some day.  I know there's no fountain I can throw a coin in to ensure it, but it'll be impossible to stay away for long.  Besides, I still haven't seen all the Louvre; I guess I'll just have to come back to rediscover you.

Thank you, Paris.  It's been unforgettable.

Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment